The RMG.Project (Random Music Generator Project) consists of lloyd17, an old p2 computer, various encoders and encoding methods, many books (literature) and a bunch of free software available on the internet. The RMG Project was created in an attempt to force a computer to create melodic audio with as little creative input from the user as possible. This project is part of a larger experiment, the eventual goal of which is to create an autonomous music creating machine, whose various inputs (senses) directly influence the music created. Various methods and techniques have been used to simulate randomness, or at least to remove user input whenever possible. The tracks are ordered in a chronological fashion in order to help the listener visualize the progression of interaction between user, machine, and the various methods used to extract audio information from non-audio input.
In addition to being a complete album unto itself, "komputormusik" also presents the following remixing opportunity to interested artists :
As with all things, rules pertain to the remixing of these files:
1. Each track may be taken to be an individual sample pack.
2. All of the tracks are a part of a larger sample pack.
3. Feel free to use any or all tracks, together or seperately, for the purpose of remixing.
4. Finished remixes are the joint copyright of infinite sector and the remix artist. In no case may finished remixes be used for commercial purposes.
5. Once your remix is completed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information pertaining to your track and a URL to download it from. e-mails containing attachments will not be accepted. Finshed remixes must be provided in MP3 format (128-320k)
6. If your remix is selected it will be included on an upcoming free netlabel release from infinite sector recordings. All tracks appearing on this release will be made available fro remixing in the exact manner described for this release, thereby creating an ongoing remix cycle.
7. Remixes should be under ten minutes. Multiple submissions are allowed.
8. Because infinite sector operates as a non-profit free netlabel, no monetary or material compensation will be provided to those whose remixes are chosen.